Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Major Step Complete !!!

Today I finished installing the new top. It seems like it took a long time, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I have a few pictures I took along the way. The first two are of the bottom layer of muslin from the inside, then from the outside.

The next layer was chicken wire, but the picture didn't turn out. After that was a layer of foam rubber.

Then I draped the final layer over the top and parked it in the sun to warm up for a while.

The final step was to tack on the molding that covers the staples to finish it off.

The new floorboards are also in place now.

I thought I'd throw in a picture of my new center pivot irrigation system, too.

That's it for now. I struck out last Friday on wood to rebuild the bed. However, I talked to a friend who told me about another source that he uses, so I'm going back this Friday to see what I can find, and to get a haircut, which I need in the worst way.

1 comment:

  1. We really enjoy the progressive pictures as you go along and they all look very good.H0pe you find suitable material for the sideboards and endgates.
    I believe your center pivot sprinkler is doing fine from the looks of the crop it is watering.
    The commodities prices coming up are maybe weather related and reports of Oklahoma and Texas having drouth areas and freeze damage. Wait until harvest starts and we will prababvly hear how good their wheat is.