Sunday, April 18, 2010

April Showers .....

Spring has definitely arrived here in the Nacimiento Mountains of New Mexico. All the snow here is gone, with the exception of some of the shady areas. The grass in the meadow is greening up, helped by a little over an inch of spring showers Friday evening. I'm working on a long list of projects that need to be completed by the end of the summer. Hopefully, we'll find time for some summer fun, too. I brought the Harley home from Rio Rancho, where I had it parked for the winter at a friend's house. I did manage a good ride to Farmington last week so I could get it serviced and ready for upcoming rides.

I've been working a little on the Model T. I took the hood off and took the panel I damaged last summer in to be repaired and repainted. I plan to install a generator and complete the wiring for the headlights this summer. I made a spare tire mount for the trailer, and plan to wire it for 115 volts and put in a storage cabinet/work area.

I'm still agonizing about what to do for a tow vehicle/daily driver. I looked at the 2011 Super Duty pickups, but am not impressed by what I read about the 6.2 liter V-8 they're replacing the Triton V-10 with. It is rated for more horsepower, but less torque than the V-10, but the part I don't like is it develops maximum horsepower at 5,500 RPM and torque at 4,400 RPM. That's winding it up too tight as far as I'm concerned. Also, I'm reluctant to spring for a vehicle that has a first-year engine. Guess I'm just too old fashioned. I'm going to have to do something soon, though.

Galena and I are looking forward to going to Colorado sometime this summer. The kids gave us tickets on the Durango-Silverton Railroad, so we'll definitely include that in our plans, in addition to Rainbow Lake in July and the Wichita County Fair.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Springtime! So glad you'll spend a little time with Daddy when he has the surgery this week. We'll keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete